Thursday, June 22, 2017

Hospitals can be hell..

This is me as a character from a Philip K Dick novel. I have accumulated many, tumultuous, old-age diseases and disorders.  These have provided me with excuses for inactivity, though.
    Anyway, it was Saturday morning, 2017.06.03. I got  up as usual, put my foot to the floor, and, POW, pain radiated from, not one, but both feet. The ambulance was called  (I have been transported so many times, the medics are part of the family), and off I went to St Luke's Hospital, where I spent five days on my back being catered to by lovely, young nurses.
     After five days, I was shipped to Wingate in Beacon, across the mighty, majestic Hudson River. Once there, I spent a week bring pretzel-twisted by physical therapists. On the one-week anniversary of my arrival, my wife, Vicky, and I conspired to pull the plug and get me free. We were able to convene a cabal, and we got my reprieve. And, now, after a week, we are

heading UpNorth to the sacred Basin and the new trailer




No comments:

Post a Comment